MORCOM SET FOR DUNLOP SERIES
Eggleston Motorsport has welcomed Nathan Morcom as the first of its drivers for its Dunlop Series campaign.
24-year-old Morcom is the reigning CAMS Australian Endurance Champion and will drive one of the new Triple Eight built Holden Commodore VF COTFs the team will receive this week.
“Making the step into the Supercars Dunlop Series is a big one and I’m under no illusion that it’s going to be easy at all,” Morcom said.
“But when you move into a category like this you need to do it with the best team possible and I think that’s what we’ve done by linking with Eggleston Motorsport. Their equipment and preparation is first class and having Triple Eight-sourced hardware at the core of that gives us the best opportunity.
“I’m really looking forward to getting some time in the car and hitting the track in Adelaide at the Clipsal 500 to start my season.”
Morcom had an extremely successful 2016, which not only produced the Endurance title but also included wins at the Bathurst 6 Hour, World Time Attack and a third placing in the CAMS Australian GT Championship. Morcom also brings a wealth of international GT and open wheel experience, which Eggleston Motorsport Team Manager, Rachael Eggleston thinks will put Morcom at the pointy end of the field.
“Nathan has a huge array of experience under his belt in production cars, GT cars overseas and Australia, open wheelers, Time Attack and much more,” Eggleston said. “We’re really looking forward to working with him and look forward to what we’re able to achieve as a team this season.
“Having competed against Nathan last year in the GT Championship we saw first-hand his talent behind the wheel. After some solid test days in what we believe is the best machinery in the field we have no doubt he will be towards the pointy end in no time.”
The first round of the Dunlop Series will be at the Clipsal 500 on March 2-5.
Date posted: January 30, 2017