PORSCHE GT3 CUP CHALLENGE ENTERS ENDURANCE MODE AT WINTON
The popular Jim Richards Endurance Trophy will get underway this weekend as Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge heads to Winton Motor Raceway for its third round of the 2017 season.
A field of 15 911 GT3 Cup cars will line up at the rural Victorian venue for the three-race weekend, the first of which being a 35-lap endurance event that will commence the Jim Richards Endurance Trophy for the 2017 season.
Two more Endurance Trophy races will be held at Sydney Motorsport Park and Queensland Raceway at the following two rounds.
The third round Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge comes just two weeks after the second round at Phillip Island, part of the Shannons Nationals 100th round celebrations.
Porsche Junior, Jordan Love and young gun Brenton Grove shared the outright race victories at the previous round. While several drivers, including Nick Karnaros, Brett Boulton and Ben Stack emerged as contenders in the Elite Class.
The field will feature a couple of fresh faces, with three drivers will make their GT3 Cup Challenge debut at Winton – Peter Major, Marcel Zalloua and Andrew Goldie.
Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge action kicks off on Saturday with the first Jim Richards Endurance Trophy 35 lap race, While Sunday will feature two 12-lap sprint races to conclude the Winton round.
Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge Entry List – Round 3, Winton Motor Raceway
1. #13 Sam Shahin (Elite Class) HTFU
2. #14 Peter Major (Professional Class)
3. #16 John Karytinos (Elite Class) Richmonds Automotive
4. #17 Marcel Zalloua (Elite Class) 360 Motorsport/Valmont
5. #19 Anthony Gilbertson (Elite Class) Hallmark Homes
6. #22 Andrew Goldie (Class B)
7. #23 Brenton Grove (Professional Class) Grove Hire
8. #29 Rob Woods (Elite Class) Platinum Nightclub
9. #34 John Morriss (Elite Class) Motorsport Leasing P/L
10. #78 John Steffensen (Professional Class) Zagame Autosport
11. #79 Jordan Love (Professional Class) Sonic Motor Racing/Quintis
12. #84 Brett Boulton (Elite Class) Bold Living
13. #87 David Greig (Class B)
14. #88 Phil Morriss (Elite Class) Morriss Racing Services
15. #99 Ross McGregor (Elite Class) Southern Star Windows
Make sure you follow Auto Action on social media, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, for updates through out the Shannons Nationals at Winton Raceway this weekend. We’ll also have a live stream from Winton on Sunday.
Date posted: June 6, 2017